GDC is a trusted community ad website based on trust, kindness, and courtesy, and is available to anyone through verification and sponsorship.
Sponsors are accountable for the members they sponsor
- To access the site, the new member must be sponsored by at least 3 other members.
- Sponsors, and all those who recommend a member, are vouching for the person’s moral integrity and character.
Members who fail to abide by the rules and/or spirit of the site will be banned, as will their sponsors.
This is why we recommend you choose carefully when sponsoring others.
- We advise you to recommend and sponsor only friends and relatives. Don't go looking for sponsors and don't try to sponsor people you don't know very well (friends of friends, distant acquaintances).
- In minor cases, or where there is reasonable doubt, a warning will be sent to the member at fault, as well as to their sponsors.
- This site is based on trust, so members agree that their first name, last name, and profile photo will be visible to others.
- Accounts with fake, incomplete, or absurd names will be disabled.
- The member posting the ad is responsible for the content, the truthfulness of the text, and the photos submitted.
- Each ad is checked by a moderator before being published, but this does not release the author from their responsibility.
- Out of respect for the buyer, the ad must clearly state any defects in the item for sale.
- The author agrees the moderators may edit their ad when needed (correct spelling mistakes, resize photos).
- Personal details are authorized in ads. However, we don't recommend it.
- The author agrees to remove their ad once the transaction has been completed.
- A trusted environment like this reduces the risk inherent in any transaction between people, but you must still exercise basic caution.
- The site declines all liability for any damage or loss caused by one of its members.
- Without the authorization of the author, it is strictly forbidden to share an ad or photos from our website on social media or via email to non-members.
Banned ads (including but not limited to):
- Ads concerning pharmaceutical, para-pharmaceutical or para-medical products and activities, as well as cosmetics and food supplements.
- Ads concerning investment "opportunities" or "multi-level" marketing (at our discretion).
- Requests for loans or private donations. Fundraising for charity is accepted provided the donations are made via verified crowdfunding sites.
- More than one version of an ad. One ad = one item. If necessary, you can edit your ad (description, dates, price, etc.).
- Items/services that are more expensive than elsewhere. A relationship based on trust means you can count on reasonable prices. You're welcome to post your ad on other sites, but there’s no reason to raise the price on Gens de Confiance. In our trusted community you can price your items at or lower than the "market price" because you are less likely to encounter any nasty surprises.
- Posting ads (and responding to ads) for someone else. The person must sign up and find their own sponsors. If you were able to do so, they most likely will be able to do so as well.
Behavior and courtesy
- The website is free to all, but everyone must use it in a community spirit.
- For the respect of all members, common courtesy is the key to this site.
- Courtesy must be shown in the ad descriptions, messages sent, calls made, and when meeting in person (Hello / Please / Thank you)
- Your photo must be in good taste. Please leave your swimsuit photos on Facebook ;-)
- If you've arranged to meet, be on time and let the person you're meeting know if you're unable to make it.
- If the item you are selling is no longer available, or if you have found what you are looking for, please let all those concerned know and delete the ad ("remove" button).
- Keep your word. Don't sell your item to someone else without consulting the member you promised it to initially.
- It is strictly forbidden to offer a service or product (via message or any other means) that hasn't been requested.
Ads by businesses
- The site is intended primarily for private individuals. The rules will be even stricter for businesses.
- Do not contact a private individual if their ad does not specifically say they are looking for a business service.
- By posting an ad on the site, you pledge to supply a superior quality service or product - at a fair price.
- You're free to post promotional offers on the site. We'll share the most interesting offers to our members on Facebook and Twitter :-)
Privacy and confidentiality
- Your personal data is, and will remain, your property.
- The site is closed to search engines (Google, etc.). Your identity, ads, and any other data cannot be seen by non-members or web robots.
- We've taken all the necessary security precautions to protect the data shared (https encryption).
- We keep your personal data (including your email address, Facebook account etc.) strictly confidential and will never share it with others.
- The site has been declared with the CNIL (the French data privacy agency) under number 1772590.
- You can request to see your personal data using the contact form.
- We believe in the right to be forgotten: all your data will be deleted on request.